Calmodulin Sepharose™ 4B Affinity Chromatography Media, CytivaSupplier: Cytiva
17-0529-01EA 640 EUR17-0529-01
Calmodulin Sepharose™ 4B Affinity Chromatography Media, Cytiva
Protein Purification Protein Purification Resins
Calmodulin Sepharose™ 4B is calmodulin immobilised by the CNBr method to Sepharose™ 4B. Calmodulin is a highly conserved regulatory protein found in all eukaryotic cells. This protein is involved in many cellular processes such as glycogen metabolism, cytoskeletal control, neurotransmission, phosphate activity and control of NAD⁺/NADP⁺.
- For single-step purification of native calmodulin-binding proteins
- Suitable for tandem affinity purification (TAP) of protein complexes
- Purification of calmodulin-regulated proteins from all eukaryotic cells
- Cyanogen bromide activation coupling method
- Stable to all commonly used aqueous solutions
- Negligible volume variation due to changes in pH or ionic strength
Calmodulin binds proteins principally through their interactions with hydrophobic sites on its surface. These sites are exposed after a conformational change induced by the action of Ca²⁺ on separate Ca²⁺ binding sites. The binding of enzymes may be enhanced if the enzyme substrate is present and enzymesubstratecalmoldulin-Ca²⁺ complexes are particularly stable.
Avantor is a vertically integrated, global supplier of discovery-to-delivery solutions for...