Capto™ adhere is a multimodal anion exchanger for intermediate purification and polishing of monoclonal antibodies after the Protein A capture step, giving the possibility to design a two-step chromatographic downstream process.
- Multimodal anion exchanger for post-protein A purification of monoclonal antibodies
- High capacity and productivity in flow-through mode
- Removes contaminants to formulation levels
- Wide operational window of pH and conductivity
- Two-step chromatographic process with protein A affinity, saves time and cuts operating costs
Capto adhere is available in a range of different bulk pack sizes and convenient pre-packed formats for easy scale-up and process development.
As member of the BioProcess media range, Capto adhere meets industrial demands with security of supply and comprehensive technical and regulatory support. For optimal performance of Capto adhere, screening/optimization of loading conditions is recommended, preferably using modern high-throughput process development tools, such as PreDictor 96-well filter plates.
It is composed of a rigid, high-flow agarose matrix and a novel multimodal ligand. The strong multimodal ligand gives a different selectivity compared to traditional ion exchangers. Capto adhere can remove key contaminants such as DNA, host cell proteins (HCP), leached protein A, dimers and larger aggregates, and viruses in a single step. Together with a Protein A capture step, like MabSelect SuRe, Capto adhere allows the design of a two-step chromatographic process for Mabs.