Butyl-S Sepharose™ 6 Fast Flow is composed of cross-linked 6% agarose beads modified with butyl groups via a thio-ether linkage. This resin is designed for the binding and elution of relatively strong hydrophobic molecules at comparatively low salt concentrations.
- Binds and elutes relatively strong hydrophobic molecules at comparatively low salt concentrations
- The least hydrophobic medium in the well proven Sepharose™ Fast Flow HIC range
- Purifies recombinant Hepatitis B virus surface antigen from CHO cells
- Developed and optimised in cooperation with a process-scale manufacturer of biopharmaceuticals
- Hydrophilic nature of the base matrix ensures low levels of non-specific binding
It is particularly useful during the initial stages of a separation process to remove the bulk of impurities without stringent requirements for conditioning of the sample (e.g. adjustment of pH, salt concentration etc.).