Pierce™ HisPur™ Cobalt Superflow Agarose is a tetradentate-chelating Superflow 6 support charged with divalent cobalt, designed for high-purity, large-scale purification of polyhistidine-tagged proteins.
- Binds 20 mg of 6xHis-GFP per ml of resin at a linear flow rate of 150 cm/hour; can bind >30 mg per ml of resin depending on flow rate
- Highly crosslinked beads tolerate linear flow rates up to 1200 cm/hour with minimal leaching of cobalt
- Specificity of cobalt binding to histidine-tag generally results in elution fractions with less than 10% contamination of non specific proteins
- Maintains function after exposure to a wide variety of chemicals and pH values
- Resin is stable through multiple cycles of cleaning and reuse
HisPur™ Cobalt Superflow Agarose is a durable resin that does not compress at flow rates used for medium- or large-scale FPLC purifications.