Pierce™ Glutathione Agarose is a high-capacity, high-performance resin for affinity purification of GST-tagged fusion proteins from cellular lysates. It is a crosslinked 6% beaded agarose, slurried in water with sodium azide.
- Glutathione is immobilised through its central sulfhydryl onto 6% crosslinked agarose resin
- Binds at least 40 mg of purified recombinant GST protein per ml of resin
- Consistently purifies at least 10 mg of GST-tagged protein per ml of resin with greater than 90% purity
- Resin can be reused at least five times without reduction in performance
- Works well to purify GST-fusion proteins from bacterial lysates or with pre-purified GST-tagged proteins to pull down protein interactions