AminoLink™ Plus Coupling Resin allows simple and efficient covalent immobilisation of proteins to a beaded agarose support, providing a valuable tool for affinity purification of antibodies, antigens or other biomolecules.
- Aldehyde-activated crosslinked 4% beaded agarose
- Ideal for antibodies and other proteins, immobilisse molecules via primary amines
- Efficient >85% coupling over a wide range of pH (4 to 10) and buffer conditions (PBS or other non-amine buffer with or without organic solvent)
- Coupling reaction results in stable, leak-resistant secondary amine bond between resin and ligand
- Prepared affinity resin is adaptable to column and batch affinity techniques and is reusable for typical applications
The activated support contains aldehyde functional groups that spontaneously react with primary amines on proteins or other molecules. The Schiff base bonds that form are reduced to stable secondary amine bonds in the presence of the mild reducing agent, sodium cyanoborohydride. Coupling efficiency by this reductive amination mechanism is typically greater than 80%, regardless of the ligand’s molecular weight or pI. The resin is crosslinked beaded agarose with fast linear flow potential, making it useful for gravity flow and low- to medium-pressure applications.