The durability of the SiC rods in periodic use, in combination with their high heating speed, make these high-temperature furnaces good all-rounders in the laboratory. Heating times of 40 minutes to 1400 °C can be achieved, depending on the furnace model and the conditions of use.
- Choice of models with Tmax 1400, 1500, 1550 or 1600 °C
- SiC Rod Heating
- Dual shell housing made of textured stainless steel sheets with additional fan cooling for low surface temperature
- Only fibre materials which are not classified as carcinogenic according to TRGS 905, class 1 or 2 are used
- Heating rods are easily replaced
- Fold down door (LHTC) which can be used as a work platform
- Adjustable air inlet opening, exhaust air opening in the roof
The furnace is equipped with the C450 controller with LC display, featuring 10 freely adjustable programs and 20 segments and 2 extra functions. These controllers are PID microprocessor controlled with a self-diagnostic system and integrated process documentation.
All units require 400 V three-phase power supply (400 V 3/N/PE). Optional accessories e.g. over-temperature limit controller with adjustable temperature cut out for thermal protection Class 2, in accordance with EN 60519-2 as temperature limiter to protect the oven and load, chimney, chimney with fan, catalytic converter, protective gas connection, manual or automatic gas supply systems are also available.
Caution: Note: Maximum continuous operating temperature should be 50 ˚C below the max. temp. of the model shown above.
Minutes to Tmax: If connected at 230 V 1/N/PE rsp. 400 V 3/N/PE. The working life span of the heating elements depends on several factors. Basically, increased wear must be assumed when using the furnace at high working temperatures. A typical indication of durability: 1,000 operating hours can be expected with regular use between 1500 and 1550 °C. Higher temperatures disproportionally reduce the durability of the heating elements.