3M™ Vinyl tape 471 is commonly used for marking hazards and aisles, colour-coding, paint masking, decorative trim, splicing, and more. Made from vinyl backing with rubber adhesive, this versatile tape resists scrapes, wear, and weathering for long lasting use.
- Maintains colour when exposed to abrasion, wear, and many solvents
- Vinyl backing with a rubber adhesive
- Unique stretch properties enable tape to remain stretched to uneven surfaces without lifting and retracting
- Ideal for use on curved and irregular surfaces
- Easy to apply, with excellent holding strength on many surfaces
- One-piece, clean removal from many surfaces to reduce clean-up and labour costs
- Available in a wide variety of vivid colours and sizes
3M™ Vinyl tape 471 sticks on contact to a wide variety of surfaces for fast application with no dripping, drying, or cleanup necessary. It removes cleanly, leaving no sticky residue. This vinyl tape is highly conformable, making it easy to apply to curved areas as well as rough or uneven surfaces.
Available in many distinctive colours, the tape can be used in temperatures ranging from 4,4 to 76,6 °C. Vinyl tapes are used to clearly mark lanes, corridors, and hazardous or no go areas in factories, warehouses, and hospitals. Using vinyl tape for lane marking instead of painting eliminates the need to ventilate paint solvents, and since vinyl tapes can be removed quickly and cleanly, they are also a faster, more versatile, and less costly option than painting. These rugged tapes are also used in automotive maintenance and repair, construction, marine, commercial vehicle, and other industries.
Recommended applications include lane and safety marking applications, temporary surface protection, anodising and electroplating, fine line paint masking, colour coding, canister and storage container sealing, bundling and reinforcing, or decorating.
Rubber adhesive offer an adhesion strength of 26 oz./inch. Tensile strength is 270 N/100 mm (14 lbs./inch).