In order to maintain cellular viability during the freezing process, certain cells such as protist, mammalian, and plant cells require precise control of the freezing rate in order to minimize the detrimental effects of undercooling and the heat liberated during the phase change process from water to ice. The Thermo Scientific™ CryoMed™ Controlled-Rate Freezers (CRFs) are designed with reliability, protection, and data traceability in mind for sample preparation and GMP production needs.
- Intuitive touchscreen display allows easy set-up, operation, and review of a freezing run
- Six pre-set freezing profiles and space for up to 14 user-defined, “custom” freeze profiles
- Integrated touchscreen UI logs usage and events as well as USB data export of .pdf file run logs to support 21 CFR part 11 requirements
- User security: 3 levels of user accessibility
- “Run last” feature allows the same profile to be run consecutively at the touch of a button
- PC interface software provides remote operation capabilities, run review, and custom profile creation
- Chamber and sample temperatures are monitored by Type T thermocouples, eliminating lag and providing “real time” responsiveness
- Standard alarms alert users of thermocouple failures, heater malfunction, high/low temperature limits, temperature tracking, power failure, and completion of run
CryoMed CRF units provide precise, user-friendly and repeatable freezing results that protect the sample from intracellular freezing for customers in research, cell and gene therapy, vaccine production, and biobanking. CryoMed gives reliable temperature performance for high throughput usage and enhanced data traceability via a touchscreen user interface and offers customizable freezing profiles while supporting 21 CFR part 11 and GMP needs.
The CryoMed CRF units have type 304 stainless steel with an exterior powder-coat finish and environmentally friendly insulating foam, they are compatible with VHP cleaning techniques. Units have remote alarm contacts and the dual solenoid valves are designed to balance LN₂ injection volume for precise temperature control and accelerated freezing. The preventative maintenance indicator for LN₂ solenoid replacement limits downtime and consistent temperature control and uniformity is achieved via an air-handling system and liquid nitrogen injection ring. Models with an optional thermal printer are available.
Delivery information: Supplied with 1,8 m flexible stainless steel transfer hose, 0,5” 35% flare, thermal paper, 25- to 9-pin serial interface cable/adapter and 3 m RS232 cable. All CryoMed freezers come with Controlled-Rate Freezing PC Interface PC Interface software (compatible with Windows 7, 8, and 10). Models with external printer download profiles and capture graphs, profile, and sample information. Computer sold separately; contact your local Avantor sales office for details.