The Affinity Chromatography kit teaches the basic principle of affinity chromatography utilising highly specific affinity columns. This lab activity involves preparation of a crude protein extract and running affinity exchange chromatography for isolation of a protein.
- The principle of affinity chromatography
- Immobilisation of protein on affinity columns
- Binding and elution of proteins on affinity columns
- Factors influencing affinity chromatography
- Hands-on affinity chromatography lab activity
Also required: Spectrophotometer and cuvettes or microplate reader and microplate (optional), low speed centrifuge for 1,5 to 2 ml tubes.
Delivery information: Supplied with components needed for hands-on experimentation for six workstations of 4 to 5 students or 24 to 30 students. Supplied with Teacher’s Guide and separate Student’s Guides.