In the laboratory small volumes of liquid need be disposed of on a daily basis. This includes the removal of excess liquids from reaction tubes, aspiration of supernatant after centrifugation steps, removal of washing solutions from microplates and much more. This is often accomplished by self-made systems consisting of a trap flask, a rudimentary aspiration tool and an external vacuum source.
- Small and compact; the system fits on every bench
- Using the battery version of VACUSIP eliminates the cable mess in a laminar flow hood and increases mobility
- The integrated pump runs silently and stops automatically when the vacuum is established, this prevents unnecessary pump operation
- Quick exchange of waste bottle due to screw cap sealing
- Hydrophobic filter prevents aerosols and liquid from entering the system
- No additional equipment necessary and maintenance-free
- For easy decontamination, all parts that come in contact with liquids can be autoclaved"
VACUSIP provides an out-of-the-box solution for the wide array of liquid waste disposal tasks carried out at the laboratory bench. It features a reliable, low noise pump, enabling it to operate independently from an external vacuum source. The battery version of VACUSIP contains a rechargeable battery for even more flexibility. A unique hand operator allows a fine regulation of the aspiration flow and accepts a variety of adapters.
The 0,5 l glass bottle is quickly exchanged and all components coming in contact with liquids can be autoclaved. If the inactivation of the liquid waste is carried out externally, a disposable bottle may be used.
Delivery information: The system is supplied with 1× borosilicate bottle (500 ml) with GL 45 lid, 1× silicone hand operator (incl. 1- and 8-channel stainless steel tips and 1-channel adapter for disposable tips/GRIPTIPS), 1,2 m silicone tubing, 1× hydrophobic filter 0,45 µm and mains adapter.